Click Here to Register
Capital Football used a new system called 'Friendly Manager' for its Futsal team and player registrations in 2023.
For some clubs and schools who were not involved in Futsal in 2022 or Term 1 2023, when you go through to the Capital Futsal website to register, click the New to Capital Futsal button. This will allow you to create a new team login from which you will be able to manage your team going forward.
For the players who did play in Capital Futsal 2022 or Term 1 2023 competitions, when you register on the Capital Futsal website, please click 'Current or Past member of Capital Futsal'.
Primary School Futsal Festival
Capital Football in partnership with Primary Sport Wellington (PSW) will be hosting three days of Futsal Festivals at the Ākau Tangi Sports Centre, Kilbirnie in September 2023.
This is the sixth year that Capital Football has partnered with PSW and the Futsal Festivals have grown in popularity every year. Last year the on-line registrations for the Years 3 – 6 and Years 5 – 8 Futsal Festivals closed within 27 hours of being promoted to the membership.
There is no charge for teams to participate, thanks to a successful funding application and the generosity of the New Zealand Community Trust.
- The festivals are designed for players of ALL abilities and genders to try Futsal in a safe and enjoyable environment.
- Please ensure teams are formed for the players enjoyment with a focus on development over winning.
- Scores will not be kept and there are no play offs or finals to play for.
- Years 1 – 6 Futsal Festivals are mixed teams (with the exception of single gender schools within the PSW membership).
- Please do not register teams if you are unable or unwilling to comply with the above.
- Registrations will open on Monday 17 July.
- You can register here:
- Registrations will close Friday 18th August at 1pm or when the quota of team registrations are met.
- Schools may enter as many teams as they can organise and supervise. At least one adult manager per team is required to assist with the supervision and behaviour of the students throughout the day.
Tuesday 12th September, Years 1 – 4 Festival.
Two grade opportunities: Years 1 & 2 and a separate Years 3 & 4 grade.
Years 1-4 will play on half a basketball court and play 4v4.
Wednesday 13th September, Years 3 – 6 Festival.
Two grade opportunities: Years 3 & 4 and a separate Years 5 & 6 grade.
Years 3 & 4 will play 4v4 on half a basketball court and Year 5 & 6’s will play 5v5 on a full-sized basketball court.
Thursday 14th September, Years 5 – 8 Festival.
Four grade opportunities: Years 5 & 6 MIXED, Year 7 & 8 MIXED, Year 7 & 8 Boys only, & Year 7 & 8 Girls only.
ALL games are 5v5 and played on a full-sized basketball court.
General Festival Information:
- First round of games will commence at 10am and the Futsal Festival will conclude at 2:30pm.
- There will be no officials briefing.
- All grades are mixed. This requires a minimum of two girls on the court at all times. The only exception are Year 7 & 8 ‘Girls only’ and ‘Boys only’ OR if you are a single gender school.
- The structure of the draw will be decided once team entries have been confirmed. The draw will be released Monday 4 September.
- Games are self-refereed.
- We recommend 7-8 players per team.
- Futsal is played with touchline boundaries and without walls.
- No offsides
- Unlimited substitutions (e.g., You can come on and off multiple times each game)
- Player’s wear what they normally would for a PE Class and regular sport / running shoes.
- Defender must play the ball first, and not the player (e.g., free kick for pushing, kicking, striking, etc. to get to the ball).
- If a free kick occurs, two players must touch the ball before scoring.
- Kick-in when out on the side of the court (no throw-ins).
- Keeper releases from hands when out across the goal-line.
- No corners. And if a goal is scored, the opposition start from halfway.
- Everyone is allowed in the keeper’s circle.
- The keeper can handle the ball in the keeper’s area, but not outside.
- Please encourage your team to rotate the goalkeeper role.
If you require further information regarding team registrations or draws email Libby Trevelyan at email@example.com